Easter can be a time of absolute madness…especially if you’re in Hermanus!
We suggest you keep things simple and enjoy Easter the traditional Dutch way. The focus in Holland is on Easter Sunday morning. Children spend the morning decorating boiled eggs that will later be used to spruce up the breakfast or lunch table.
While they’re busy the Easter Mummy…umm…Bunny hides some chocolate eggs. Once the children have found all the hidden eggs the family gathers for a hearty breakfast or lunch at a beautifully set table.
So keep the kids busy decorating eggs and come to Dutchies for breakfast or lunch. We have some delicious specials for Easter Sunday:
Easter Sunday Specials
- Roast Lamb, potato dauphinoise with Rosemary roasted Autumn vegetables and a minted jus.
- Slow roasted Pork belly with carrot and apple puree and creamed sweet potato.
- Salmon and Dill Trout
- Asparagus Soup
- Orange cured Trout Carpaccio and citrus ginger salad with wild rocket and cumin
- Lemon tart
Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
1. Wrap an Egg in an Old Tie and Boil In Water with Vinegar
more info: ourbestbites.com
2. Keep adding water to the colouring
3. Wrap in lace and dip in dye